Welcome to the CEMT Program
The Construction Engineering Management Technology curriculum has been developed to provide our students with a strong foundational knowledge in the areas of construction contract administration and specifications; construction field operations; construction costs and bidding; construction scheduling and project control; construction law and ethics; construction safety and inspection; construction project monitoring and control; and construction project management. Additional course work includes mathematics, sciences, economics, technical writing, oral communications, and business.
Graduates typically find meaningful employment with construction firms, consulting companies; contractors and subcontractors; engineering and architecture firms; residential home builders; land developers; private and public utilities; transportation departments; construction materials testing companies; and building products, materials and equipment suppliers. Tremendous variation exists in the specific job titles of our graduates, but typically they find employment as a project manager, project supervisor, project or field engineer*, contract administrator, safety supervisor, project estimator, project scheduler, contractor, or construction/product representative.
* The curriculum does not prepare students for registration as a professional engineer in Indiana.
Like us on Facebook, and stay up to date with our programs in the Engineering Technology department!Degrees Offered:
Why Construction Engineering Management Technology at IUPUI?
- Strong curriculum with a balanced focus to develop strong technical, construction management and communication skills
- Full-time faculty with real world experience
- Located in a strong construction industry community
- Unique student mix with traditional and non-traditional students
- Active and vibrant construction student organization
- Industry professionals instruct key courses
- Strong relationship with construction industry and professional organizations
Common Careers for Graduates:
- Construction project managers
- Construction field superintendents
- Construction project monitoring and controls specialists
- Field engineers
- Construction administrators including estimating, scheduling, etc.
Student Resources:General Education Common Core (for students admitted Fall 2013 and later)