The Music of the Beatles
MUS-Z 401 / 3 Cr.
An in-depth, song-by-song look at the music, lives, and times of the beatles. The course focuses on the music and is aimed at heightening student listening skills as well as fostering a deeper appreciation for the Beatles' recordings.
Available Online: Yes
Credit by Exam: No
Laptop required: No
Instructor: Mr. Doug Babb
Jones, R. (2015). Dead Straight Guide to The Beatles.
- To be able to recognize and identify The Beatles music.
- To recognize and identify what music and musicians influenced The Beatles.
- To be able to list events and artists surrounding The Beatles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of The Beatles recording techniques.
- Be able to name and place The Beatles significant inner circle.
- Discuss, identify and understand the various instruments The Beatles used.
- Describe the impact The Beatles still have on the music industry.
Principles of Undergraduate Learning (PULs)
3. Integration and Application of Knowledge
5. Understanding Society and Culture
6. Values and Ethics
D.2.a.1 The ability to hear, identify, and work conceptually with the elements of music such as rhythm, melody, harmony, structure, timbre, texture.
D.2.a.3 An understanding of compositional processes, aesthetic properties of style, and the ways these shape and are shaped by artistic and cultural forces.
D.2.a.4 An acquaintance with a wide selection of musical literature, the principal eras, genres, and cultural sources.
D.2.a.5 The ability to develop and defend musical judgments.