Career options open to graduates of the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology
Graduates of the ECET Department are employed in many different positions with many different responsibilities throughout the industrial community.
Our graduates work in the following areas:
- industrial controls
- electronic and microprocessor systems design
- communications design
- engineering sales and services
- test engineering
- product design and evaluation
Graduates with ECET degrees might carry the title:
- Advanced Software Engineer
- Instrument Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Telecommunications Specialist
- Senior Design Engineer
Some local employers include:
- Cummins Inc.
- Delphi Energy & Engine Management Systems
- Horner APG
- Precision Control Systems
- Roche Diagnostics
- Thomson Multimedia
- United Medical Manufacturing
Some US employers include:
- Cooper Power Systems, located in Tennessee and Wisconsin
- IBM, located in North Carolina
- Intel, located in Arizona
- Texas Instruments, located in Texas
- MERCK, located in Pennsylvania
Starting salaries for ECET graduates:
According to a recent survey of our graduates, the average starting salary for BS graduates is approximately over $50,000 per year.
For more information on obtaining a careers through the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, please visit http://www.engr.iupui.edu/intern.