|ME 482 Control System Analysis and Design (3 cr.)|
R.C. Dorf and R.H. Bishop, Modern Control Systems, 10th Edition, Prentice Hall.
|Description:||Classical feedback concepts, root locus, Bode and Nyquist techniques, state-space formulation,
stability, design applications. Students may not receive credit for both ECE 382 and ME 482.
|Goals:||To teach students more advanced concepts of linear system
theory than in the two preceding courses. System modeling,
identification, feedback, control and stability will be emphasized.
This course is the third course in a sequence of courses on linear
dynamic systems ME 330, ME 340, and ME 482).
|Topics:||   1. Introduction to linear systems (1 class)
2. Modeling, transfer functions and block diagrams (2 classes)
3. Time domain specifications (2 classes)
4. Feedback system properties (2 classes)
5. Stability concepts (3 classes)
6. State space formulation (2 classes)
7. Digital control and optimal control (2 classes)
8. Routh and Hurwitz stability criteria (2 classes)
9. Root locus (2 classes)
10. Bode plots and Nyquist criteria (2 classes)
11. Design applications (8 classes)
|Lab:||Click here to view ME 482 Laboratory Home