Youngsik Kim, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Purdue School of Engineering and Technology, IUPUI
723 W. Michigan Street, Room SL 260 H
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 274-9711
Fax: (317) 274-9744
- 2006, Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
- 2003, M.S., Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
- 2000, B.S., Materials Engineering, SungKyunKwan University, Suwon, South Korea.
- Understanding the chemistry-structure- physical property relationships in materials
- Identifying and developing advanced functional materials
- Transition metal inorganic solids
- Glass and glass-ceramics
- Fast-ion conducting solid membranes
- Materials for energy storage and conversion
- Design devices for energy conversion and storage
- Physical and Engineering Chemistry
- Solid-State Properties of Materials
- Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Science and Technology of Amorphous Materials
- Materials Characterization