Overview of OLS
A premier bachelor degree granting program, preparing students for professional positions in supervisory management: Organizational Leadership and Supervision (OLS) provides a broad-based education for those desiring leadership roles in business, government, or industry. OLS programs grant Purdue University Bachelor of Science degree, a Certificate in Human Resource Management, a Certificate in Leadership Studies (non-majors only), and a Certificate in International Leadership.
Organizational Leadership and Supervision is located in the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology on the IUPUI campus in the ET 301/309 Suite.
OLS will become one of the premier undergraduate leadership programs in the country. We will develop leaders who demonstrate competence within selected technical fields.
Create and maintain a community of professors, students, and staff dedicated to lifelong learning, growth, and continuous improvement of self and others.
Support the undergraduate leadership program by:
- Generating and disseminating knowledge about leadership within the context of technological expertise
- Equipping OLS majors with the knowledge, skills, resources, and perspectives necessary to be effective leaders in technical professions
- Granting bachelor degrees and certificates in leadership and human resource management
- Enhancing economic opportunities for its graduates and community
- Engaging in research, scholarship, and creative endeavors that add knowledge to the discipline of leadership
- Engaging in service to school, campus, community and profession
- Adding value to organizations through consultation and training
- Assessing learning outcomes for continuous improvement
The OLS Program:
- Is a highly individualized, practical, "real-world," approach to supervisory management.
- Emphasizes leadership, interpersonal relationships, and change implementation.
- Is a flexible curriculum, allowing students to specialize in their areas of interest and talent.
- Provides a pragmatic, innovating, and adaptable approach to a student's education, with opportunities for interaction between students, faculty, and the work world.
- Employs full-time and associate faculty possessing real world skills from a variety of professional backgrounds.
- Offers individualized, personal counseling.
- Provides a source of professional talent for leadership positions in business, industry, government, and other organizations.