Be an ASSET!
The AmbassadorS for the School of Engineering and Technology (ASSET) program was created to promote professionalism and enthusiasm for the School and student-related services. The group will consist of students who are selected each academic year through a competitive interview and application process.
There are three distinctive tracks within the ASSET program:
- Summer Ambassador Track (Summer) – where students engage admitted students and their families during the summer orientation sessions.
- Recruitment Ambassador Track (Fall and Spring semesters) – where students engage prospective students, families, and alumni through panels, presentations, and visits.
- Career Ambassador Track (Fall and Spring semesters) – where students share their own career experiences and promote career resources and events.
- Advising Ambassador Track (Fall and Spring semesters) - where students assist other students with academic advising tools and promote deadlines and events.
To be eligible:
- Applicants must be at least a second-semester freshmen or second-semester transfer student enrolled full time in the School of Engineering and Technology.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average required for application is a 3.0, which must be maintained throughout ASSET tenure.
- Applicants for the summer program must be willing to devote up to eight hours per week to ASSET activities and events and if selected, will receive a $500 scholarship.
- Applicants for the academic year must be willing to devote up to five hours per week to ASSET activities, meetings, and events during the 2015/2016 school year and if selected, will receive a $500 scholarship per semester.
- Must be able to attend the mandatory orientation on Friday, August 18, 2017 from 1-6:00 p.m.
- Complete and submit the application and required materials by April 2, 2017!
For additional information:
Contact Jennifer Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org