The job search process can be a daunting task. The key to success is being proactive and treating the search like a job in and of itself. Take initiative, stay active, and utilize the Office of Career Services to aid you in the process.
Tools you need:
- Cover letter
Where to look:
- E & T Careers: E & T Careers is a centralized job listing system exclusive to E & T students/alumni at IUPUI. To access the system, you must be pursuing a degree within the School of Engineering and Technology and have an established university GPA. System access requires a declared major or degree within the School of Engineering and Technology.
- My CCO: My CCO (formerly CCO Express) is the centralized job listing system for Purdue West Lafayette. As a degree-seeking Purdue student/alumni, you have access to this system after completing a semester within the School of Engineering and Technology. System access requires a declared major or degree within the School of Engineering and Technology.
- Career Fairs: Career fairs are a great opportunity to connect with many employers seeking students with your talents. Be sure to research the companies in advance and come prepared to make a great impression.
- Company websites: Research career opportunities with companies of interest by visiting their direct websites. Many companies have a “careers” or “jobs” section to their websites that detail opportunities.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a growing resource for professional networking and job searching. Be sure to keep your profile and information professional and be proactive in reaching out to contacts.
- Your professional network: Your professional network is larger than you realize. Use these resources to help you identify and cultivate your network to help you achieve your career goals.