TCM Writing Center
The Technical Communication Writing Center is a free student service provided by the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology.
- All appointments begin on the hour and include up to 45 minutes of one-on-one tutor time and 15 minutes of administrative time.
- You can make one appointment per day and up to three per week. Please do not make appointments you do not intend to use.
- If you are ten minutes late, your appointment will be canceled and you'll need to reschedule (this will count as a missed appointment).
- If you can't make your appointment, please cancel or reschedule at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled time so others can use that time slot. If you do not cancel or reschedule at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled time, it is a missed appointment.
- If you miss three scheduled appointments during the semester, you will not be able to schedule additional appointments during that semester.
- Bring the assignment instructions with your assignment.
- Electronic versions of your assignment are fine, but either bring your own laptop, or upload your assignment to IUBox, Google Docs, or another cloud-based app. For security reasons, we cannot download your paper (NO USBs or flash drives).
- Turn off your cell phone and put it away during your appointment.
- Tutors will not edit your paper. They will work with you to become a better technical communicator and help you learn to identify patterns and issues to improve upon.
- Tutors will send a note to your professor upon request. You must provide the professor's email address.
- Drop-ins are welcome on a first-come, first-served basis if the tutor is available.
Check out our video on YouTube, "Tales of the TCM Writing Center, Episode I: Manually Distressed."
If you are looking for general information about the Technical Communication Program, visit our website at http://engr.iupui.edu/departments/tlc/about/programs/tcm