DD 310 ECE Signals and Systems
(IUPUI ECE 301 section V067)
- Instructor: Sarah
- Email: email@example.com
- Lectures: TR 4-5:15pm JH 174 (Butler)
- Office Hours: TR 5:15-6:30pm in JH 253B or by appointment
of Signals and Systems Using The Web and Matlab by E. Kamen and B. Heck, Prentice-Hall, 2000.
- 15% Weekly Quizzes
- 50% 5 Exams (10% each)
- 35% Final
Tentative Lecture Schedule
- ABET Course Outcomes:
"Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to
- Determine the Laplace, z-, and Fourier transforms of continuous
and discrete signals and systems. . . . Determine the state transition
matrices for linear dynamic systems to study the dynamic responses.
- Determine the conditions [for stability] and study the stability
of systems and convergence of signals (continuous- and discrete-time).
- Determine and apply the appropriate methods and techniques to
study transient responses and stability after determining the nature
of the signals and systems.
- Determine the system's (filter's) attenuation capabilities using
. . . analysis in the frequency domain (Bode plots).
- Determine the output of the continuous and discrete-time filters
for . . . input signals of different magnitude and frequency.
- Determine the state-space models for continuous and discrete
- Determine . . . system responses using . . . linear differential
equations with initial conditions using the Laplace and z-transforms.
- Determine the applicability of different methods (e.g., Laplace
transform, continuous and discrete-time state-space, et cetera) for
linear dynamic systems with applications to stability analysis and
|Page last modified 07/18/07.