ECE 301 Signals and Systems
Summer II, 2006
- Instructor: Sarah
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures: MWR 4:00–6:15 pm in SL 109
- Office Hours: MWR 3:00–4:00 pm, or by appointment,
in SL 164F
Linear Systems and Signals, 2nd ed. by B. P. Lathi, Oxford University Press, 2005.
Course Information Sheet
(Updated June 26, 2006)
(Updated July 31, 2006)
(Updated August 02, 2006)
(Updated December 07, 2006)
- Some Useful Links:
- ABET Course Outcomes:
"Upon successful completion of the course, students should be
- Determine the Laplace, z-, and Fourier transforms of
continuous and discrete signals and systems. . . . Determine
the state transition matrices for linear dynamic systems to
study the dynamic responses.
- Determine the conditions [for stability] and study the
stability of systems and convergence of signals (continuous-
- Determine and apply the appropriate methods and
techniques to study transient responses and stability after
determining the nature of the signals and systems.
- Determine the system's (filter's) attenuation
capabilities using . . . analysis in the frequency domain
- Determine the output of the continuous and
discrete-time filters for . . . input signals of different
magnitude and frequency.
- Determine the state-space models for continuous and
- Determine . . . system responses using . . . linear
differential equations with initial conditions using the
Laplace and z-transforms.
- Determine the applicability of different methods
(e.g., Laplace transform, continuous and
discrete-time state-space, et cetera) for linear
dynamic systems with applications to stability analysis and
|Page last modified 07/18/07.